Below are instructions that should assist you in submitting your nominations. Please call VIPS at 225-226-4700 if you have any questions.
1. What is the deadline for submitting applications?
March 1, 2019 – You may submit your applications online at vipsbr.org, fax, mail or pony (for schools to Red42) them to VIPS at Wilma C Montgomery Center, 4070 Tunica St., Baton Rouge, LA .
2. What is the date of the Picnic?
Tuesday, May 7, 2019 from 4:00pm – 6:00pm. The event takes place at Our Lady of Mercy Catholic Church. The address is 445 Marquette Ave., Baton Rouge, LA.
3. Who is eligible to be nominated for a VIPS Golden Apple Award?
Anyone who has served as a volunteer in an EBRP public school for one year or more. Winners from 2018 are not eligible.
4. Who is eligible to be nominated for a VIPS Crystal Apple Award?
Anyone or group who has consistently volunteered in an EBRP public school for ten years or more. Winners from 2015-2018 are not eligible.
5. How many nominations may a school/organization submit?
One in each category for a total of 4 nominations. Please read the category descriptions below before beginning your application.
Elementary School Volunteer –
An individual volunteer who has served in an elementary school for a least one year.
Secondary School Volunteer –
An individual volunteer who has served in a middle or high school for at least one year.
Community Partner –
Must be a group —-faith group, business, a civic/social club, sorority, fraternity that makes an impact at school by providing human or monetary capital.
Crystal Apple –
A volunteer or organization that has consistently volunteered for 10 years or more.
6. Who selects the Golden and Crystal Apple winners?
An independent panel of judges. Judges assign the most points to applications that are detailed, well written and thorough.
7. What happens after I submit my nomination?
- Nominators receive an email confirmation from VIPS stating the nomination has been received.
- All nominees and nominators receive an invite to the Picnic and Awards ceremony on Tuesday, May 7, 2019 from 4:00pm -6:00pm.
- At the Ceremony, the names of all nominees who are in attendance are called to the podium to receive certificate from the Superintendent and mayor
- At the end of the Ceremony, the 2019 Golden and Crystal Apple Award winners are announced. One winner from each category will be announced.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.